Hound Green loop - 30 miles

"Monday club" ride today, with Linda joining us for the first time in ages, and had requested a local route since she had to be back for nursing duties for Andy. And not too challenging either, since she has nor ridden much for a while.   I suggested she plan it then, so she was happy with the route.. which she did.

Daphne is not able to join us since she is very unwell with Shingles. Linda and I visited her briefly on Friday. Poor Daphne.  We are thinking about you a lot, and telling everyone to get their vaccination. 

Dave is on holiday, so I suggested John and Steve might prefer a more challenging route than us girls today. (they went from Bradfield to climb a few hills.) 

I met Kim and Linda at Bob's Fish'n'chips and crossed Eversley Ford.  I was on my road bike today, since my front brake is stuck on on my Orro, so it was fortunate that our route went around Bramshill, rather than through the forest track. Then to Plough Lane, heading to Mattingley.

Rusty coloured ferns as we heading down Plough Lane
to cross at The Mutton.

We stopped for a quick drink at "the pond" in Rotherwick
(the DRY pond), and opposite "Pond Cottage". Amazing 😂

Linda felt a little wobbly in Rotherwick, so this handy
bench was useful. She felt fine after a bit of energy bar. 

Right at the junction, and we dropped downhill passing Lyde Mill, then a little elevation up to Hartley Wespal on Turgis Green Lane, where this field has loads of cows.   They were all a fair distance away, but as soon as I got my camera out, they stood up, and came over. They were obviously bored.  

Making their way over. 

More off to the left. 

lol. They are funny and all done in absolute silence. 

A little further, and more curious cows. 

We swung around onto Bottle Lane, then left at the Lace Maker "Workhouse" and up to Hound Green.

Kim had done a ride here on Saturday with Hazel (Deb's route), and told us about a footpath which goes into the back of Hortus Loci, avoiding the main road, but she said that you also need to get off your bike. Seemed more trouble than it's worth, since its only a very short section of main road.

No cakes ordered today, 😇 but our drinks came with a tiny home made cookie, which was welcome. 

Continuing along the main road we turned right to climb Laundry Lane. All nice and dry, although a lot of gravel down the middle in the usual places. 

An enjoyable easy section of downhill into the lane skirting the edge of Wellington Country Park, and connection to Part Lane. We spotted the area of burnt field where a fire broke out about 2 weeks ago. 

We came up Swallowield Road to Arborfield Cross, where I left Linda and Kim who returned to Finch via School Road and Arborfield Green. I whizzed down Mole Road to Sindlesham, which on my own was fine, then through Saddlers Lane to Woosehill. 

Thanks Linda for the route, and well done today for getting out again.  I will see Kim on my Breeze ride on Wednesday, but John and I off  to Scotland next week.