Breeze Woosehill to Yateley - 15 miles

Since no other Champs were able to offer a Thursday ride this week, I decided to offer a short one, just a 15 mile loop to Yateley, since I already led a 30 mile route yesterday. I was delighted to have a brand new Breeze rider join me, Karen C  and also Rachael P on only her second Breeze ride.  There was a third who cancelled last night unfortunately. 

I got to the meeting point at 9.19am and was a bit concerned that by 9.32 no one had arrived.  I was standing in clear view with my RED Jacket on.  Then I spotted a lady waving at me from about 30 yards away.😂  The ladies had been waiting at the actual entrance to the Acorn Centre building, whereas I always wait at the Gate. A few cars and been coming and going, and up until that point I had no clear view of where they were standing. No matter. They know for next time.  

Rachael lives nearby, so was familiar with much of the first half of the route, but it was all new to Karen who comes from Twyford. I had deliberately planned plenty of off road stretches today with new riders in mind, a bit more than I would normally do.  (with rain due this weekend, not such a good route for next week!)  But these ladies are very competent riders so roads were also fine. 

Route link (screenshot at end of blog)

Cutting through Woosehill paths we dropped down Blagrove Lane then headed left to cross the Finchampstead Road into Luckley Road, where we picked up the path through Gorrick Woods, and continued over to Ravenswood at Nine Mile Ride.

Country views as we turned off Luckley Road.

The excellent path through Gorrick Woods.
Karen was looking after my bike at this point, as I was setting 
up my camera on her bike on its stand for the next shot 

Rachael in Yellow, Karen in Red. 

Cutting through the golf course, we then used the track which runs between the railway track and Wellington College, and then over the pedestrian  bridge. I took my jacket off now, since the sun was feeling rather warm. 

now to head over the railbridge

Very colourful. 😉

We enjoyed the downhill on Ambarrow Lane, and then left along Lower Sandhurst  Road, Mill Lane and Chequers Lane to arrive at the golf club. 

A nice chat over a cuppa. Tough life. 

Continuing into Yateley, we crossed on The Link passing the impressive green space for the playpark they have here. A right turn, and we continued to Eversley Cross, stopping for a moment to see the horses on Chequers Lane. 

Chequers Lane Eversley.


Chequers Lane Eversley.

Our only climb today really was to get up to the Greyhound at Finchamstead, which the ladies both managed easily, and we continued climbing turning in  Church Lane.   The payoff then of course is the  long downhill on White Horse Lane.

Finally back via California Country Park, Nashgrove Lane and Blagrove Lane to the Barkham Road, and back on Woosehill cycle paths.

Well done Karen and Rachael. Very nice to have your company this morning on another glorious September morning.  I was back in time to go "out to lunch" with hubby. Hope to see you sign up for another Breeze ride soon.