WLCG Hartley Wintney there and back 25miles

Today we were 5, with Martina joining us at 9.16...... as predicted. 😉  Gill should by now be in Korea, and Jeanette busy with hubby today. 

Cool again, but dry, after overnight rain, which is not good for our route today to cross Bramshill. Lynne suggested Hartley Wintney, so initially we rode to FBC, where we passed Jill and her Breeze group setting off, then to Part Lane to cross the ford at Eversley. Used my GoPro today just for fun for photos. And mixed results.

3 Horses ahead as we arrive at Bramshill.
This man kindly stopped strimming until we passed. 


Hazeley.  Not Blubells but Forget me nots.

Lynne and Martina catching up where we saw the forget me nots at Hazeley.

I used my ebike today. (I have quite a few climbs to do tomorrow on  part of the Chilterns Way Breeze ride.)  So I shot ahead as we approached the uphill crossing at  The Mutton, hoping to wave them all through without stopping. Which I did. BUT I was approached by a man on a bike, shouting at me. He had a small dog in a basket and loaded up with paniers too.

"Excuse me", he yelled, with traffic whizzing past. 
I couldn't hear a word he was saying, so had to go back to talk to him.

"I'm lost and trying to get to Reading on the King Alfred Way." 

I have never ridden it, so don't know where it is, and I also couldn't think how on earth to get to Reading from here! He had camped out overnight, and set off 2 days ago from Brighton. His phone had died, and he didn't have any kind of map with him. Good planning!  He said he had kept stopping to ask people and so far it had worked. I disagree, since he had been riding along the main road!   Not sure King Alfred did that. 😂

I suggested he use Plough Lane, towards Bramshill, and said after that to head left. Not sure that was right, but wasn't prepared to start looking up maps on my phone whilst the others were all waiting. How ridiculous. 

A bit further along on Hazlely Bottom Road,  Lynne questioned right or straight on? Usually we turn right, but I have also previously gone straight on, which involves climbing as hill. 

Lynne up next to the top of the climb from Hazeley Bottom

Martina, Andrea, Louise closely followed by a huge truck. Grrr. Ruined my photo. 

Beautiful woodlands. 
At the top we turned right to rejoin a short section of the main road,
then a whizz back down on Arrow Lane.

Parking at the church, with this lovely Acer and Azalea.  

Rubbish picture. Think my camera must have got steamed up. 

Even worse picture. 


Got a nettle sting on my bottom doing this!


Too far away to see them beyond the froth of the cowparsley. 

We returned by peddling to the traffic lights, and then right turn into Thackhams Lane ,to pass West Green Gardens, and back the way we came. This time up hill on Plough Lane. I must admit I felt a bit guilty using my power, but it was a treat. The ladies were all saying that the hill is not nearly as bad as the used to find it, so well done everyone. 

We got back in good time just before 1 o'clock. 

Our little loop around HW.